Tons of fun for the whole family
First Hot Springs Water Park in Costa Rica, Kalambu is a lightly mexican themed option to enjoy the restoring powers of hot springs in Arenal. It is great for families with kids and teenagers as it gives them lots of entertainment at the waterslides and pools.
Open to public in late 2014, Kalambu is, still, the trending place in Arenal, which also features affordable prices, fast food choices and an active and a cheerful environment that makes this place casual and nice.
This, yet, small sized water park, features these attractions:
- 1 large pool for families with wet bar
- 1 large pool for adults with wet bar
- “Interactive Kids Water Playground”: a large pool with games and slides for kids
- “Triple Slide”: 1 tower with 3 single water slides.
- “Mammoth Slide”: a large water slide with inflatable floats
Fast food at “Besa Mi Burro” Restaurant
Besa Mi Burro (Kiss My Donkey) its a casual restaurant, with a weird name, that offers american-styled fast food, like fried chicken, cheesy pizzas, hamburgers, salads, some mexican-like delicacies such as quesadillas and nachos and of course the traditional Costa Rican meal: “el casado”.
Prices are low/mid range and it is almost certain that you’ll find an option that suits your appetite and preferences.
The place has been exotically decorated and furnished with pastel color tables, benches and stools, colorful lamps and tropical gardens. It is though to make feel comfortable and warm while you enjoy your meal.
Spectacular Day Pass
This package is a complete option for those interested in making the most out this place. It includes:
- Locker and Towel
- Lunch or Dinner
Lunch and Dinner options can be any of these:
Meal Option 1
One of the following:
- Portion Fried Chicken, fries, dessert and natural drink.
- Toboburguer, fries, dessert and natural drink.
- Ham and Cheese Pizza, dessert and natural drink.
- Tropical Pizza, dessert and natural drink.
Meal Option 2
A complete lunch or dinner:
- Entree: mushroom cream, green salad or asparagus cream.
- Side dish: Mashed potatoes and salted vegetables.
- Main course: Chicken breast, beef fajitas, fish filet, or Spaghetti al Pomodoro.
- Natural drink
- Dessert: Rice and Milk
*Children under 4 years old doesn’t have any meal included from any of the two options.
Rules and Recommendations
- Locker and towel are not included. Locker is $2 of rental and $2 of deposit in case you lose the key. Towels cost $2 of rental and $2 of deposit for each one. Only cash accepted.
- Pets are not allowed, as well as food and drinks acquired outside the park. This applies for the parking lot too.
- Minimum age and height for large slides are 7 years old and 1,2m (3′ 11¼”).
- Jewels, watches, swimsuits with buckles and jean shorts are not allowed in waterslides for safety reasons.
Important Transportation Note
9:00 to 22:00